Course Director & Principal Teacher Trainer – Paula McAdams (SYT, YAP)
Senior Course Tutor -Pól Mollan
Who are we?
We are Paula and Pól, partners in yoga and partners in life and have a combined teaching experience of 26 years. We are full-time teachers and own Yoga Meditation Healing which is a dedicated yoga and wellbeing studio in the west end of Glasgow. Our studio is a long established and much loved yoga centre of 14 years. We pride ourselves in providing authentic, experienced and high quality teaching and firmly believe that Yoga is for Every Body, Every Mind and Every One.
We offer a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training qualification accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
This foundational and modern teacher training is rooted in the tradition of hatha yoga and in the lineage of Sri T. Krishnamacharya. We provide a professional, authentic, ethical and skilful teacher training programme which will equip you with knowledge, skills and confidence in finding your unique voice and style as a yoga teacher. This immersive, comprehensive, rigorous and integrative course weaves together theory and practice to deepen your knowledge, understanding and experience of the eight limbs of yoga.
We offer 180 contact hours and place an emphasis on the art of teaching with time dedicated to developing your teaching skills with plenty of teaching practice, observation, feedback, evaluation and practical skills. In addition, your own self-practice will undoubtedly be refined by this immersion into self-enquiry, learning and teaching.
We believe it is important for all our students to feel looked after and cared for, so we accept amaximum of 8 students per course, which assures that each student is given individual attention.
We offer the support of an ongoing post-graduate mentoring programme which supports you as you create your own classes, teaching schedule and business.
The aim of our Yoga Teacher Training qualification is to create safe, confident and knowledgeable teachers. This course is also a way to deepen your own knowledge and practice without necessarily going on to teach.
The 200 training hours are made up of the following:
- 180 hours contact with 70% of the course taught by Paula
- 20+ hours non-contact hours consisting of reading, research, assignments plus an online Anatomy Course
- Functional Yoga & Anatomy
- Breathing & Pranayama
- Bandhas, Kriyas and Mudras
- The Art of Teaching – Asana, Sequencing & Use of Props
- Yoga Asana – Vinyasa Krama, Vinyasa Flow & Yin Yoga
- Therapeutic & Accessible Yoga
- Meditation & Chakra Theory
- Philosophy & History
- The Art of Rest, Yoga Nidra and Relaxation
- The Business and Ethics of Teaching – In Person and Online
- Tools for Teaching Sustainability
- Individual Practice
- Post-qualification Mentoring
Dates & Location
Please note this training takes place in-person in our Yoga Meditation Healing studio. Please note that in the event of social distancing measures that require us to close the studio during any part of the training, all learning will be transferred to an online platform (Zoom) where you will be required to have your camera on. Your qualification will then reflect if learning is online, in person or blended.
Please ensure that all these dates are suitable for you before committing:
Dates for Yoga Teacher Training 2023
Thursday 2nd March – Monday 6th March (5 days)
Thursday 30th March – Tuesday 4th April (6 days)
Thursday 27th April – Tuesday 1st May (5 days)
Thursday 25th May – Tuesday 30th May (6 days)
Thursday 29th June – Sunday 2nd July (4 days)
Monday to Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm and Saturday & Sunday 12pm to 5pm.
All payments are non-refundable, so please ensure you can attend all dates & complete the full course, in order to achieve your 200 hour certificate.
The total cost is £2600
Non-Refundable Deposit £600
Monthly Payments: 4 x £500
We appreciate that despite our best endeavours, significant life events can sometimes interrupt the best laid plans. Therefore, if you have good reason to miss part of a module, you may arrange with the tutors to complete the work outside of course hours. This will incur an additional cost to the student.
Additional costs to consider are your travel and accommodation, food, books and attendance at other yoga classes along with insurance and first aid training.
Qualification is achieved with 100% attendance, successful completion of the ongoing assessment process, and the course fees paid in full.
We monitor and assess your progress on an ongoing basis throughout the course by:
- Developing your self-practice
- Personal reflections – keeping a journal & self-practice diary
- Sharing your experiences and feedback with fellow trainees and course tutors
- Participate in group discussions
- Homework assignments – Reading and Studying
- Submit a written overview plan for a six week beginners yoga course
- Teaching practice with your fellow trainees
- Observed Practical Final Assessment with submission of detailed lesson plan
There is also an expectation to attend yoga classes with experienced teachers with a minimum of twenty hours and complete a logbook with evaluations for submission.
We require that you complete a minimum of 20 hours Continual Professional Development per year – this may consist of your own reading, research and attendance at classes/courses/workshops with us or any other teacher that helps progress your own interests within yoga.
Yoga Meditation Healing is a registered trainer with Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standards and are expected to continue with their learning and training and engage with continuing professional development.
As a Yoga Meditation Healing graduate, you can have your name and class details on our website. Once qualified, Yoga Alliance Professionals will contact you to invite you to join their register.
- Trainees must have 2 years dedicated yoga practice
- Be at least 21+ years of age at time of enrolment.
- Be in good health
- Be willing to immerse yourself in the training with the required focus, dedication, time and energy to meet the demands of the course.
- Prior commitment to all teacher training dates
- Attend at least one class with us prior to application
- A recommendation letter from your yoga teacher, if you have one.
- Completion of initial application form
- Interview and Practice Observation
It’s important that you feel comfortable with our teaching styles and, of course, us with you too. If you aren’t a student of ours already, we ask that you attend a class with us prior to beginning your application process. You may also wish to have an informal chat with us too about the training programme and your suitability.
The application process:
- Email us to note your interest and we will send you the application form.
- Complete form and return to us.
- We will then invite you to an interview preferably in person to discuss the requirements of the course, your suitability and observe your current practice.
- If successful, a non-refundable deposit is required, and the payment plan and terms and conditions agreed.
To enquire further: Contact us Here: